Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £38296 - £47434
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Educational Psychologist to work as a permanent member of staff within an established local authority in South London.
To deliver an effective educational psychology service to schools and the Local Authority by providing advice and guidance on assessment and interventions for vulnerable pupils including those with a special educational need.
- To provide psychological advice concerning pupils undergoing statutory assessment, within the time scales laid down by the SEND Code of Practice.
- To provide an Educational Psychology Service to schools, according to according to a Service Level Agreement.
- To offer advice and practical strategies to schools on issues relating to individuals or groups of pupils, and to take part in, or lead, training courses as required.
- To provide an Educational Psychology Service to children and young people and their families, working in partnership with parents and carers, and taking full account of the “Voice of the Child” and a person centred approach.
- To work as required on specific projects and working parties in accordance with the priorities set by the the Council’s Borough Plan and the Educational Psychology Service Development Plan.
- To maintain clear records, in accordance with Service policies and procedures, of work undertaken with schools, individuals and groups and help maintain up to date information on the Service databases.
- To contribute as required to research initiatives as part of the borough’s programme for identifying and meeting the educational needs of vulnerable children and young people.
- To work closely on a multi-disciplinary basis with providers of the Special Education Needs and Disability Services within the overall management framework of the Educational Psychology Service and the Division of Education, Learning and Skills.
- To contribute to Multi-Agency Team working as appropriate to support the safeguarding of young people and early interventions with young people and families.
- To contribute to the marketing, promotion, and delivery of our Educational Psychology Service in order to enhance its innovation and responsiveness.
- To contribute as a member of a team to the effective delivery of the Educational Psychology Service.
- To assist in the supervision and support of trainee Educational Psychologists on placement (following an appropriate period of induction).
- To implement the Council’s Equal Opportunities policies fully and to work actively to overcome and to prevent discrimination.
- To carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the service, including attendance at the SEN tribunal, provision of information to Ombudsman, and to formal or judicial processes.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tacking racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- Qualifications: Honours degree in Psychology and Post graduate training in educational psychology.
- Experience: Relevant experience of working with children within educational, childcare or community settings.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Chartered or eligible for chartered status with the British Psychological Society. Registered (or eligible for registration) as Educational Psychologist with the Health Professionals Council
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently as well as travelling for assignments.
- Hours: Part-time or Full-time hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250