Consultant: Oliver Dunlop
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an English Teacher to work as a Permanent member of staff within an established and popular high school in Bedford.
You will be expected to deliver well-organised and engaging English lessons consistently across KS3-KS4, and to have the capacity to deliver English at A Level in the future. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to KS3-KS4 pupils.
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.