Consultant: Linh Pook
Salary: £120 - £180
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Education is currently looking for an experienced and qualified (QTS/PGCE) Food Technology Teacher to work as a full-time member of staff within an established and popular school in Lowestoft. The role is to start in September 2020 to cover Maternity leave for a full year. The ideal candidate will have QTS or equivalent, along with up to date subject knowledge with experience teaching in a secondary school.
Main Purpose of the role:
- To implement and deliver a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area
- To monitor and support overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor and therefore contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To share and support the Academy responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- To offer active support for the Academy’s Policy and Procedures taking into account Teachers’ Standards, standard 7
- To teach students according to their educational needs
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep and provide records as required
- To contribute to reports, references and assessments of students as required
- To ensure that ICT, literacy and numeracy opportunities are provided within lessons
- To undertake designated programme of teaching
- To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards
- To prepare and update subject materials
- To use a variety of learning and teaching methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to the students’ needs and the demands of the specification
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the Academy procedures to encourage attendance, punctuality, good behaviour and good standards of work and homework
- Qualifications: QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or Evidence of continuous INSET and commitment to further professional development
- Experience: Up to date subject knowledge and leadership / improvement responsibilities.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK and Enhanced DBS Update Service.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time – one year placement.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.