Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £23818 - £34491
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Physics. The ability to teach another science to GCSE level would be desirable.
Title: Teacher of Physics and Form
Job Purpose: To assist the Head of Department with the teaching and development of your subject(s). To promote the happiness and well-being of students in your form.
Accountability: To your Head of Department for your work in the Department To the relevant Deputy Head pastoral and Head of Section for your work as form tutor and any extra-curricular activity which you participate in and/or organise
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Physics and develop pupils’ love of the subject
- Be an inspirational teacher with excellent subject knowledge
- Be committed to the promotion and delivery of outstanding teaching and learning Value every individual pupil and encourage them to fulfil their potential
- Be committed to raising achievement Be able to work well as part of a team Be well organised Have experience of teaching at all secondary key stages
We offer a close-knit, supportive team of enthusiastic and dedicated teachers. We have a suite of recently refurbished laboratories supported by a full-time laboratory technician.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To plan and develop high quality lessons and courses, using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
- To maintain and build upon the standards achieved in the award for QTS (Secondary) as set out by the Secretary of State.
Start Date: September 2018
The School has its own pay scale which is above that of the maintained sector and currently ranges from £23,818 per annum (FTE) for a newly qualified teacher with a good Honours degree to £34,491 (FTE) for someone with several years’ experience. Two further scales are available for threshold applications.
Fee remission A remission of 50% of fees is available for the successful applicant’s children when they enrol, assuming a place is available and entry requirements are met.
Pension You will automatically be enrolled in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme unless you exercise your right to opt out of the scheme