Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £32938 - £48603
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Head of Science
Education is looking for an experienced and qualified Science Teacher to work as a full time member of staff within a leading independent boarding and day school in Surrey. The role is to start in September and will be full time and permanent position with the possibility of further TLR for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have QTS or equivalent along with up to date subject knowledge, a degree / A levels in a Science related subject, as well as showing a strong history of commitment and leadership in previous roles.
There is also the possibility of accommodation should this be required.
You will be expected to run a successful department and teach pupils in Years 5-8 with the view of extending to GCSE at a later date.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students.
- Lead a department being responsible for day to day management of staff
- Develop excellence within the department through schemes of work
- Give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ / staff progress and development
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials as required
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment whilst taking responsibility for resources
- To work alongside the SMT to identify staff development needs
- Undertake pastoral duties such as supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals when required, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to wider school life
- Participate with interview processing
- Organise and implement trips and activities
- Undertake such other duties as and when requested by the Headteacher
- Experience of working in a boarding school environment
Willingness to assist with after school activities
Ability to teach Mathematics if required
A track record of good GCSE results
- Qualifications: QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or equivalent with A level’s or degree in a Science related subject.
- Experience: Up to date subject knowledge.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, Starting September.
- Pay: £32,938 – £48,603 (salary negotiable depending upon experience)
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.