Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £23720 - £39406
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Head of Upper School
Seven Education is looking for a Head of Upper School to work as a full time permanent member of staff within an established, popular and high performing secondary school in Mid Devon. The ideal candidate will be a strong classroom practitioner (Ideally with Maths specialism) as well as possessing great skills when it comes to leading, raising expectations, data management and a vision of education in a wider context.
You will be expected to build on the success of the Academy’s effective Key stage 4 provision by enhancing the quality of challenge, support and achievement of all students and staff. This will include working closely with the Senior Leadership Team as well as parents and students, being responsible to the Executive Head.
- To lead and monitor intervention programmes related to Key Stage 4 Programmes of study.
- General management duties such as improving quality and support, inspiring team members, communication, rewarding success and chair meetings.
- Take a leading role with behaviour management whilst working with appropriate staff including attendance, reward and sanctions.
- Contribute towards continuity and progression within the whole school curriculum.
- Monitor and evaluate the use of Guild Time and attend to support tutors where possible.
- Work with the SENCO and ensure IEPs are used to set specific targets.
- Produce reports relating to progress and achievements in Key Stage 4 and coordinate interventions.
- Regularly work with the ‘SLT link’ for professional support.
- Take part in ensuring a smooth transition between schools by liaising with colleagues from other Key Stages and sectors.
- Manage resources, finances, stock disposal and store resources.
- Take responsibility for self-development ensuring to keep up to date with any changes in the School curriculum and pastoral care.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the professional development of other staff making use of other sources of expertise where appropriate making sure that staff members are appropriately supported.
- Take charge of at least one whole school responsibility.
- Qualifications: Teaching Maths specialism (desired).
- Experience: Evidence of leading initiatives, raising standards and curriculum knowledge.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: To start September, Full time, permanent.
- Pay: £23,720 – £39,406 (MPS/UPS) + TLR2d (£6,645)
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.