Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Linh Pook
Salary: £11.88 - £11.88
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Health and Social Care Lecturer to work in Crook, Durham. This role involves working with the Adult Learning department at the County Council. This position is initially for a period of 4 months and is paying £11.88 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The post holder will participate in the planning and development of programmes and to carry out teaching and learning activities across the county.
The post holder will be required to supervise any learner support assistants allocated to their classes; prepare the learning environment including the handling and setup of specialist equipment, resources and materials as determined by the course; guide and direct learners on their progress throughout their planned learning journey as well as possible progression options; monitor and advise on learner’s welfare including safeguarding, health & safety; work with the centre staff including management and subject sector leads.
- To contribute to learner recruitment and selection including preparation of course descriptions and guidance and other marketing information as directed.
- To attend enrolment and recruitment events and provide advice on suitability of courses for individuals.
- To provide information, advice, and guidance to prospective learners on the suitability of courses for learners and on wider issues connected with learning and work.
- To carry out initial assessment of learner’s skills, interests and aptitudes and devise the individual learning plan and learning and personal goals with the learner.
- To contribute to the development of resources and learning materials for courses.
- To prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and associated materials taking into account the needs of individual learners, the need to promote English and maths across every curriculum area, and the promotion of safety, health, equality, diversity, safeguarding and sustainability.
- Qualifications: A minimum Level 5 teaching qualification – DTLLS, CertEd or equivalent. A professional, vocational, or graduate qualification in the field to be taught. Vocational and professional qualifications need to be at least at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and at least one level above the level to be taught. Vocational qualifications or CPD must demonstrated relevant and up-to date knowledge of the subject area, Current assessor award – D32/D33 or A1 or equivalent
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher/Lecturer in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Up to date DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.