Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £35000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: To contribute to the development of a strong, effective school with an emphasis on promoting a culture of educational excellence, within a caring and secure environment enriched with the values of discipline, mutual care and respect which extends beyond the school into the wider community.
- A degree (2:1 or above) in relevant subject.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Track record of delivering ‘outstanding’ teaching.
- Successful and sustained delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement.
- Innovation and creativity to engage, enthuse and progress learners.
- Partnership working and collaboration within a school or local authority context.
- Effective management of people and team of professionals within a school setting.
- Use of data to plan and implement intervention strategies to raise academic performance.
- Developing and leading strategies to sustain whole school improvement.
- Leading the delivery of coaching and INSET sessions to support the professional development of others.
- Ability to teach to GCSE standard.
- Ability to coach and motivate professionals, individually and within groups, to achieve individual and collective targets.
- Ability to develop and disseminate effective learning and teaching and classroom management strategies.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, with a range of people and groups
- Knowledge of effective intervention strategies to raise attainment.
- Ability to set clear targets, track and manage progress and develop strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of curricula, specifications and assessment criteria of the leading subjects within the relevant faculty.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands.
- Ability to use ICT and technology in the classroom to deliver engaging lessons and monitor student progress effectively.
- A passionate belief in the school’s mission statement, including education in a school with a strong faith ethos.
- Commitment to delivering after-school and pre-exam sessions as required as well as enrichment opportunities for learners.
- A strong belief in the value of education in developing citizens.
- Highly organised, literate and articulate.
- Highest levels of professional and personal integrity.
- A strong commitment to inclusion and overcoming barriers to learning and achievement.
- Personal resilience, persistence and perseverance.
- Commitment to the pursuit of continuous professional development by oneself and others.
- Sympathetic to and supportive of the Muslim faith, ethos and designation of the school.
- Middle Management qualification.
- ICT skills to develop, manage and report on performance data.