Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £24500 - £27000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
£24,500 – £27,000
The expansion of our school and curriculum development we are seeking a skilled and committed teacher of Science who wants to make a real difference to the life chances of young learners in Bristol. You will help us develop our curriculum and offer a new Science qualification and will lead this important area of study.
In this role, your primary areas of responsibility will be to:
- A strong desire to have an impact on the lives of vulnerable young people
- Interest in working holistically with a child centred approach
- Plan, deliver and regularly review an engaging Science curriculum to ensure the needs of the organisation and its learners are met
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes to learning through well-planned teaching experiences
- Have a creative and innovative approach to planning and teaching to re-engage disaffected learners in education and overcome barriers to learning
- Work effectively with a team of Teachers and HLTAs to plan and deliver a personalised learning program for learners
- Monitor learner progress through regular formative and summative assessments
- Strong knowledge of assessment for learning strategies and differentiation
- Ensure that the quality of your teaching, learning and assessment is good or better, working with colleagues to achieve this through a team approach
- Support the preparation for OFSTED inspections and ensure the Independent Schools Standards are met
- Monitor student learning, social, emotional and behavioural progress against targets
- Ensure that safeguarding and child protection policies are complied with
The skills and experience that you will bring to this role are:
- QTS or equivalent qualification
- An interest in working with young people for whom mainstream school is difficult
- Be an innovative contributor to care packages for young people
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) knowledge and experience working with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH); although not essential
- Experience of teaching or leading the delivery of Science subjects
- Ability to use your initiative and be self-driven
- Experience of working within a team of people and contributing to quality assurance processes
- Experience of meeting requirements of external inspections and standards
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
- Free DBS Update
- Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
- Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
- £250 Referral Bonus, for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested, then please call and ask for the Education department.