Seven Education are currently looking to recruit a temporary ‘Learning and Development Officer’ to work in County Durham. This position is initially for a period of 10 weeks on a part time basis, paying £11.88 per hour (paid via an umbrella company).
The Learning & Development Officer is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of training / development programmes, producing Scheme of Work, Lesson Plans and resources as required and deliver legislative qualifications such as First Aid at Work, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Manual Handling together with Employability programmes. Delivering high quality training and development programmes against identified targets – enabling learners to maximise their individual potential to support the team in the delivery of external contracts.
· Teach designated hours, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed to fulfil learner/employer and contractual requirements.
· Undertake the design and delivery of effective training and development programmes.
· Prepare schemes of work and session plans with appropriate resources and course materials.
· Undertake initial interview and assessment to determine learners’ current level of competence resulting in the preparation of appropriate training and development materials.
· Monitor the progress of individual learners – providing appropriate levels of guidance and support – ensuring purposeful and effective training programmes are maintained.
· Develop and deliver programmes, ensuring that the necessary educational, organisational, and administrative activities are completed. To be available at appropriate times and appropriate venues.
· To provide high quality, impartial information, advice and guidance relating to training, education and work, in line with service values and to meet quality standards.
· To work collaboratively alongside and with other Officers employed within Durham Employment & Skills.
· Work with the Quality Coordinator to review performance and compliance against appropriate standards in order to maintain a clear view of the programme and identify any areas for improvement.
· Maintain organisational standards administrative procedures, relating to training, internal moderation, and quality record systems.
· Ensure the level and condition of equipment is appropriate for the delivery of effective training programmes.
· Ensure training and assessments are provided in a safe working environment complying with all Health and Safety legislative requirements, statutory and Council policy requirements.
· Maintain an up-to date level of technical and training knowledge/expertise.
· Comply with Equal Opportunities legislative requirements and Council Policy to ensure equity in employment matters and service provision.
· To uphold the Council’s standing as a body providing public services in a professional, competent, helpful, and polite manner, maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
· As an integral part of the staff team, maintain a flexible, involved and supportive role towards the work of the organisation – undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Manager.
We are looking for those who:
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants, and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you are not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.