Consultant: Linh Pook
Salary: £9.36 - £9.36
Job Status: Temporary / part time
Seven Education is looking for two Lunchtime Supervisor to work as a temporary member of staff within an established and popular primary school in Durham from September.
- To be responsible for the supervision and control of pupils during lunch time.
- To support school behaviour management by supervising areas of the school during lunchtimes and providing activities to divert pupils from engaging in unruly or antisocial behaviour.
- The post holder will be responsible for the safety, welfare, and good behaviour of pupils during lunchtime.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the washing of hands of pupils.
- Supervise entry/exit into/from the dining hall by the pupils.
- Assist pupils during the meal service.
- Ensure pupils maintain high standards of behaviour, reporting any cases of misbehaviour, especially bullying, as appropriate.
- Clear up all spillages during mealtime promptly.
- Assist in wiping up tables, chairs when necessary at end of the meal.
- To supervise and organise play for the pupils during the lunch break.
- Initiate games and activities, whilst maintaining broad supervision.
- Supervise children and actively promote a healthy lifestyle, including during the daily ‘Silver Mile’
- To deal with incidents of unruly behaviour following the school behaviour policy.
- To attend any training courses relevant to the post (such as first aid and safeguarding), ensuring continuing, personal, and professional development.
- To work well within a team.
- To abide by the school policies and procedures, including equality procedures at all times.
General requirements and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to offer reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to demonstrate common sense and initiative.
- Ability to be firm but fair at all times.
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
- Willingness to interact and play with the children on the playground
- To undertake additional or other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and as directed and deemed suitable by the Head Teacher
- Qualifications: First Aid Certificate, Food Hygiene Certificate and Child Protection Level 1 – desirable.
- Experience: 1+ year working with children aged 3-11 years.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK and Enhanced DBS check.
- References: 2 years written references.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 11:40am – 12:55pm.
- Pay: £9.36 Per hour, paid via umbrella company.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants, and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you are not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.