Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £15 - £20
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Nursery Manager to work as a temporary member of staff within an established and popular Nursery in Newcastle.
This fabulous nursery in Newcastle which has 50 places for babies and young children is looking for a very capable person to take over as manager covering maternity leave for a minimum of 9 months starting Immediately.
This is a full time post Monday to Friday
The candidate will be required to lead a fantastic team in the day to day running of the nursery.
- To liaise with staff to ensure that each child’s needs are recognised and met
- To offer help and assistance to staff, children and the management team
- To ensure risk assessments, policies and procedures are kept up to date and relevant
- To make sure the nursery has food and equipment
- To make sure the nursery is at a high standard of cleanliness and that the rooms and equipment are safe
- To interact with parents and deal with concerns or complaints
- To sell spaces that become available in the nursery
- To complete a morning and afternoon register of all the children and staff at nursery
- To make sure summative reports and two year old progress reports are completed and signed by parents
- To make sure transitions forms are filled in by parents at the induction process
- To carry out spot checks on the rooms throughout the day
- To hold staff meetings when appropriate and attend them
- To cover when staff are on holidays etc
- To answer the door and phone throughout the day
- Record staff hours on deputy
- To ensure that there is adequate staff/child ratios at all times an organise cover when needed
- To recruit staff when needed and to train new staff on the company’s rules, procedures and policies and general settling in.
- Regularly check that staff are keeping their displays up to date
- Make sure fruit etc is available at the snack area
- To call parents when their child is unwell or for any other reason
- To make decisions alongside the area manager about any changes needed the nursery
- To print off registers in advance of the following week
- To attend training courses as required
- To keep all information regarding the children, their families, the staff and the nursery strictly confidential
- To be smart, polite, punctual and to carry out your role to the best of your ability
- To liaise closely with the parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and to help the deputy and room leaders when speaking to the parents about their child’s development and day!
- To liaise with the area manager, social services and other professionals as and when required
- To have managerial qualities in being able to lead and delegate jobs
- Demonstrate commitment to young children and their families
- Have a friendly and flexible approach
- To have a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- To have a sound knowledge of the EYFS
- To have a first aid certificate (If possible)
- Have a sound knowledge of safeguarding and child protection issues within the early years setting
- To promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the nursery, ensuring settling procedures are always observed.
- Empower the team to deliver rich learning opportunities for all children by creating unique and exciting activities
- To Lead the work proactively with the current Early Years Framework
- Establish and monitor the effectiveness of the planning for individual children
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Preferred)
- Experience: 3+ year of post-graduate experience in Childcare in the UK (Preferred)
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.