Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £10000 - £12000
Job Status: Temporary / part time
Seven Education is looking for a Part-time Early Years Practitioner to work as a temporary/permanent member of staff within an established and popular Nursery in Preston.
To provide a safe, supportive and caring environment for learning, developing positive relationships with the children, parents and colleagues while maintaining strict confidentiality at all times. To give assistance and support to all staff in the classroom, in whatever capacity, to enable them to perform their duties effectively and efficiently in the education and development of young children.
- Share in the planning and enhancing provision of the Nursery and Pre-School and in the preparation of equipment before the activities of the day and clear away equipment after use.
- Assist, with other staff, on rotation with the school breakfast and after care and Holiday Club facility.
- Understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children.
- Assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children in the care of the School and Nursery ensuring that all aspects of each individual child development are given full consideration.
- Ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- Maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all the operational policies and procedures for the school and Nursery, ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
- Have a good working knowledge of the current requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
- Be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and learning journeys on a regular basis and as requested by your Line Manager/Nursery Manager.
- Ensure communication with children, parents and the team is both appropriate and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality about all matters.
- Involvement and enrolment in company training courses to be undertaken and completed which may, at various times, be outside normal working hours.
- To be involved in developing and delivering a stimulating and creative atmosphere within the group.
- To provide staff cover within the nursery group and school as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- To attend staff meetings, professional development training, (in house or external), inset courses and meetings as appropriate and as directed by the headmaster which may at various times be outside working hours.
- To be a role model for junior members of staff.
- Qualifications: GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- Experience: Childcare: 3 years (Required)
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 16-25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.