Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £10 - £12
Job Status: Temporary / part time
Part Time Learning Support Assistant
Seven Education is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work as a part time (Mondays and Wednesdays), temporary member of staff within an established and popular Secondary school in Winchester, Hampshire starting ASAP up until Christmas supporting students with their GCSE’s. The role will be working with the schools Hearing Impaired unit (no knowledge of sign language is required, and deaf awareness training will be provided).
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting in a classroom with a minimum L2 qualification in assisting teaching or similar.
You will be expected to assist in classroom management and delivery of well-organised and engaging lessons consistently whilst working with secondary aged pupils on a one to one basis or in small groups. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students and most importantly, be flexible, patient, creative, energetic and possess a great sense of humour!
- To work alongside the class teacher with individuals on a one to one basis or small groups
- To contribute to creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment
- Help plan and carry out activities following the curriculum
- Ensure that children’s work is displayed in a presentable manner whilst ensuring they are kept updated and have educational purpose
- Promote equality, treating everyone with dignity
- Always maintain strict confidentiality whilst adhering to school policies and procedures
- Ensure high standards of behaviour at all times
- Communication with staff, parents and carers to provide feedback and identify opportunities
- Acknowledge the welfare needs of pupils whilst helping them progress with their development working towards set targets and maintaining records of children’s progress.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required to maintain up to date knowledge of professional responsibilities
- Ensure that surroundings are always kept safe and presentable
- Carry out any other reasonable requests given by the management team
- Qualifications: Minimum L2 TA qualification or equivalent.
- Experience: Previous experience working with secondary aged pupils.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK and DBS.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Part Time, Monday and Wednesday, 8:00am – 3:30pm, until Christmas.
- Pay: £10 – £12 per hour
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.