Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £8 - £12
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Seven Education is looking for a Nursery Practitioner to work as a part-time and permanent member of staff within an established and popular nursery in Hull.
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children within the nursery. To support all other personnel within the nursery with any reasonable tasks. To be a part of the daily routine in all rooms within the nursery. To support all staff to meet the needs of each individual child. To adhere to uniform and hygiene standards at all times.
- To contribute to the planning, observation and assessment cycle for each room in which you are based in conjunction with the room supervisor, other room staff and students, through the contribution of ideas, help with displays, labelling and preparation of activities
- To operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children with whom you are working with, alongside the other staff within the room
- To assist in the provision of a high quality environment, which meets the needs of individual children from different cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To be familiar with the settings policies and procedures, and to support the staff to ensure the setting is working in line with these policies and procedures
- To share in the responsibility for child protection and promoting the welfare of all children who attend the setting
- To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery, including ensuring that the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times. Rooms should be “Set up” each night and mid day ready for the following session. Be prepared to help in the preparation of snacks, meals, cleaning, doing the laundry etc.
- To ensure confidentiality of information received
- To be flexible and enthusiastic with your approach to working hours and activities, attending out of hours fundraising, Christmas parties, completing planning etc
- To uphold the high profile of Penguin Day Care Nursery at all times, including out of working hours
- The role of the practitioner is to work with all children within the setting and not just their key children
- To undertake risk assessments as and when necessary
- To provide comfort and care to a sick child
- To be able to communicate sensitively and effectively with all children who attend the setting
- To ensure children’s physical needs are met in an appropriate matter
- Qualifications: Level 3 or above childcare qualification.
- Experience: 2+ year of post-graduate experience as a Nursery Practitioner in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 15-20 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.