Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £23818 - £34491
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics. The ability to teach to A Level and Further Maths would be advantageous and teaching at this level may be available to suitable candidates.
Title: Teacher of Mathematics and Form tutor
Job Purpose: To assist the Head of Department with the teaching and development of your subject(s). To promote the happiness and well-being of students in your form.
Accountability: To promote the happiness and well-being of students in your form, to your Head of Department for your work in the Department To the relevant Deputy Head pastoral and Head of Section for your work as form tutor and any extra-curricular activity which you participate in and/or organise
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher and an outstanding classroom practitioner who is committed to raising the achievements of our students;
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject;
- Be passionate about teaching Mathematics and be able to instil a love of Mathematics in our pupils;
- Be committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning;
- Be able to engage pupils of all abilities and enable every child to fulfil their potential;
- Be skilled at fostering both independent and collaborative student-led learning;
- Have experience of teaching at Key Stages 3, 4 and possibly 5;
- Be well-organised and able to plan creatively and effectively;
- Embrace change and new initiatives in teaching;
- Be able to work well collaboratively as part of a team;
- Be keen to engage in high quality CPD.
You will be joining a small, dedicated and highly successful Mathematics Department, committed to improvement and passionate about teaching and learning.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To plan and develop high quality lessons and courses, using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
- To maintain and build upon the standards achieved in the award for QTS (Secondary) as set out by the Secretary of State.
Start Date: September 2018
The School has its own pay scale which is above that of the maintained sector and currently ranges from £23,818 per annum (FTE) for a newly qualified teacher with a good Honours degree to £34,491 (FTE) for someone with several years’ experience. Two further scales are available for threshold applications.
Fee remission A remission of 50% of fees is available for the successful applicant’s children when they enrol, assuming a place is available and entry requirements are met.
Pension You will automatically be enrolled in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme unless you exercise your right to opt out of the scheme