Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £38296 - £47434
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Permanent Educational Psychologist
Seven Education is looking for an Educational Psychologist to work as a permanent member of staff within an established local authority in Surrey. There are positions available for both full time and part time placements.
You will be expected to deliver well-organised and engaging assessments to schools and children within the local authorities remit. The successful candidate will also have the following skills.
- The ability to relate to children and young adults
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Excellent listening
- Observational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Empathy and rapport
- using psychological tests, theories and procedures to support the wellbeing and learning of young people
- helping young people with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential
- recommending, developing and administering appropriate therapies and strategies
- working with young people, their families and school staff, including teachers and learning support assistants
- carrying out psychological assessments to uncover a child’s problem
- writing reports
- conducting research
- providing training
- advising and making recommendations on educational policies
- Qualifications: a degree in psychology which is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) . PhD in educational psychology
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as an Educational Psychologist in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Flexible.
- Pay: Salary Scale A 2-7 (£38,296 – £47,434) plus up to 3 SPA points, area fringe allowance of £795 per annum and an essential car user allowance .
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.