Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £27000 - £42000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf to work as a temporary or permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Liverpool.
This teacher will promote the development of d/Deaf and hearing impaired children within the home and educational or community settings. They will provide teaching, advice and guidance, finding the best ways to support Children and Young People (CYP) towards independence and attainment
- Interpretation of audiological information and explaining this to those involved with the deaf learner
- Testing and monitoring hearing levels
- Testing and monitoring hearing aid settings
- Assessing and monitoring functional hearing levels
- Monitoring the acoustic environment in the school environment and advising on ways to improve it for the deaf learner
- Assessing the full range of communication and language levels: including use of sign and spoken language and any modes of communication
- ensuring that schools and other settings apply for appropriate access arrangements for examinations and providing specialist assessments where necessary
- assessing and monitoring educational and other outcomes
- Participation in multi-agency assessment to identify overall needs and progress of the deaf learner
- Contribution to mainstream monitoring and review of progress (in accordance with SEN Code of Practice and statutory requirements)
- Fitting and monitoring assistive listening devices.
- Qualifications: QTS, QToD (Could accept BSL qualification)
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.