Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £25000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Bursar to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement and payment of supplies and setup of our financial procedures. You will also undertake general and financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with the law and contacting local authorities.) To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision.
Ultimately, you should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our school, in compliance with regulations.
- Oversee day-to-day cash management
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Keep organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
- Prepare expense reports on a regular basis
- Manage annual budget
- Conduct cost and productivity analyses
- Review employment contracts and terms of services
- Design and update financial procedures
- Liaise with local authorities and school governors
- Report to the school general on performance and investment/funding opportunities
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently
- Hours : 37.5 hours p/w
- Proven work experience as a Bursar
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Strong financial management skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Familiarity with budget preparation and cash flow management
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience creating reports and presentations
- BS degree in Accounting, Business Management or relevant degree
- Certification in School Administration a plus
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.