Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £18704 - £22072
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
School Pastoral Support
Seven Education is looking for a Pastoral and Outreach Support Key stage 4 to work as a full time, permanent member of staff within an established and popular Pupil referral school in Tunbridge Wells . The role will be 5 days per week starting after the Easter school holidays. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a PRU (pupil referral unit) or similar with strong communication and ICT skills.
You will be expected to support the achievements and reintegration of the vulnerable young students within the school alongside aiming to prevent the need for pupil referrals where possible.
- Abide by the schools Equal opportunities Policy and Safety regulations
- Identify and address the educational, social and emotional needs of the students whilst taking responsibility for their health and safety.
- Maintain up to date records whilst liaising with the Head of Outreach
- Encourage students learning progress, curiosity and attendance
- Undertake pastoral duties such as supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals when required, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Qualifications: GCSE A*-C grades or equivalent.
- Experience: Working with disaffected Key Stage 1-4 pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time starting after Easter half term.
- Pay: £18,704 – £22,072.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.