Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Do you have experience or a passion to work with ASC students?
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity in a provision with an experienced staff team?
Are you experienced in teaching and looking for a challenge within a brand-new setting?
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Primary Teacher to join our team, the position is based in our new independent special school for children with autism and additional special educational needs and mental health challenges. We are a small school admitting up to twenty students in Phase One (Forty by Phase Two). Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The Primary Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. We welcome and nurture staff through the organisation’s training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well-established team
- The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
You will be working alongside one of the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer some of the highest pay rates in the UK. Making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
What else can you expect from Seven Education
- Free DBS Update
- Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
- £250 Referral Bonus, for every person you successfully refer to Seven.