Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £26000 - £28000
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Education are looking for an experienced SEN Teacher to work as a member of staff at a children’s centre in West Sussex.
You will be expected to deliver well-organised and engaging lessons consistently to students with SEN, The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students. A passion for working therapeutically within a psychodynamic model is a must!
- Prepare and deliver lessons to pupils.
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
• Experience of educating children with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience of working with challenging behaviour.
• Demonstrable experience of teaching and leading learning in the primary classroom
• Exemplary classroom practitioner with commitment to developing children’s potential.
• Experience of national strategies and their impact on teaching and learning.
• Experience of working with Teaching/ Learning support assistants and other support staff.
• Experience of evidencing, tracking and raising student’s progress
- Qualifications: Educated to degree level (QTS desirable)
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme or equivalent.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am-4pm
- Salary: From £26,000 – £28,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.