Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £35000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Special Education Needs teacher to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
As a special educational needs (SEN) teacher you’ll work with children and young people who need extra support or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential.
You may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
You may also work with gifted and talented individuals.
A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
As a SEN teacher, you’ll need to:
- Teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside the class
- Prepare lessons and resources
- Mark and assess work
- Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Use special equipment and facilities, such as audio-visual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
- Use specialist skills, such as teaching braille to pupils with visual impairments or sign language and lip reading to students who have hearing impairments
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum
- Assess children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and work with colleagues to identify individual pupils’ special needs
- Work with the head teacher and governing body to ensure that the requirements of the equality act (2010) are met in terms of reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- Liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- Work closely with parents and guardians
- Organise learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events
- Assist in severely disabled pupils’ personal care/medical needs
- Carry out administrative tasks, including updating and maintaining records of pupils’ progress
- Attend statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as looked after child (lac) reviews, regarding students with a SEN, which may involve reviewing education, health and care (ehc) plans
- Attend in-service training
- Manage behaviour.
- Qualifications: Relevant University Degree.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as an SEN Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 2 days p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.