Consultant: Corey Ward
Salary: £70 - £100
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education are looking for a Teaching assistant with SEN experience to work as a temporary member of staff within an educational needs school in Camden.
To work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff to implement agreed work programmes with individuals and groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas, and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
· Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
· Promote and encourage independence, inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
· Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
· Use agreed behaviour strategies with individual pupils to maximise their access to learning.
· Follow schools behaviour policy and participate in positive handling techniques where appropriate (following training).
· Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/ behaviour/attendance
· Partake in school trips.
· Be able to deal with bodily fluids and provide personal care to pupils where appropriate.
· Attend to pupils welfare needs.
· Assist in transporting pupils to/from transport at start and end of school day.
· Attend professional meeting as requested such as Annual Reviews and CAF meetings.
· Handle small amounts of money related to school events, which are then handed to the school office for processing.
· Attend and participate in relevant school meetings as required.
· Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
· Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
· Act at all times in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations, codes of practice, the provision of the school and council’s constitution and its policies and procedures.
· With within the requirements of Health & Safety policy, performance standards, safe systems of work and procedures.
· Undertake all duties with due regard to the corporate equalities policy and relevant legislation .
- Qualifications: SEN experience.
- Experience: SEN Experience
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.