Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £23.89 - £23.89
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary SEND Tribunal Officer to work in Waltham Forest. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £23.89 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To represent the Local Authority (LA) at the SEND Tribunal, explaining and justifying the appropriateness of the proposed provision, the LA rationale for the interventions and package of support for an individual child/young person. This includes representation for all sections of the Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) and relates to the pilot “Single Route of Redress”.
To provide expert knowledge on the: SEND Code of Practice 2015, Children and Families Act 2014, Case Law Rulings and Regulations to support the LA to make informed decisions on how to proceed or defend its position within the Tribunal arena.
To attend Multiagency SEND Panel to provide expert knowledge of the legislative framework, so that the SEND panel is more informed in the decision-making process, which reduces the risk of mediation, tribunal and to protect the LA’s reputation, should mediation and/or tribunal occur.
- Plan and organise work to ensure the delivery of those aspects of the service for which responsible.
- Undertake / support consultation procedures. Identify issues, resolving as appropriate and escalating complex problems if necessary.
- Collate process and analyse complex information. Ensure all required records and information are maintained correctly.
- Prepare and present results / responses / reports / recommendations.
- Provide specialist, expert advice, guidance and support to colleagues, service users and partner agencies.
- Qualifications: A relevant degree (i.e. Social Work, Teaching).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.