Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £23400 - £38750
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Teacher of Dance to work as a fixed term (maternity cover) member of staff, on a Part-Time basis within an established and popular College in Midlands.
Working within the Performing & Production Arts department, you will be joining a team of people who are dedicated to supporting students to achieve outstanding outcomes. The successful candidate must be an excellent practitioner who shares our passion for success. The department delivers AS, A2 & BTEC Dance as well as being involved in cross college productions involving dance, drama and music.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of delivering BTEC Dance and should be a classically trained practitioner who possesses the ability to successfully teach a range of dance styles.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to pupils/ students.
- Mark work and give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
- Qualifications: Relevant University Degree.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 19 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.