Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £38748 - £38748
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Teacher of Psychology Care to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of academic success and achievement to teach A-Level Psychology. The successful applicant must possess the ability to teach students of mixed abilities, many of whom choose to pursue this subject at university.
We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge to teach Psychology on the OCR exam board who can demonstrate an ability to combine academic rigour with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching at A Level is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. The successful candidate must be student-focused, possess a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate qualification. The post is suitable for qualified teachers or NQTs and the successful candidate must be committed to providing pastoral support for all our students.
As a Teacher of Psychology, you will be an inspirational and outstanding practitioner who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. As part of a strong curriculum team in a rapidly developing curriculum area, you will focus on increasing recruitment and working towards College and departmental targets to exceed National Benchmarks and achieve ALPS 3 or above.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to pupils/ students.
- Mark work and give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
- Qualifications: A relevant degree and an appropriate postgraduate qualification.
- Experience: At least one year of teaching A-Level Psychology is essential and teaching on the OCR exam board would be ideal
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.