Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £120 - £160
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Year 6 Teacher to work as a temporary member of staff within an established and popular primary school in Hertfordshire.
You will be expected to deliver well-organised and engaging lessons consistently across KS2. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students.
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful, attractive and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the school’s curriculum, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate differentiation, challenge, support and maintain with high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety following school procedures and policies.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
- To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate eg. Educational Psychologist.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
- To support the Headteacher in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children though relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.