Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £27000 - £31000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Trainer Assessor for Health and Social Care to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
Seven Education require a motivated, pro-active and suitably qualified Trainer/Assessor to deliver and assess on full apprenticeship programmes and work-based learning courses for learners working in Health and Social Care roles. You will be joining a team of people who are committed to supporting learners to achieve outstanding outcomes in a fast-growing sector, delivering and assessing Frameworks/Standards up to Level 5. The successful candidate must have appropriate skills, knowledge and experience as there will be a requirement for teaching learners in a variety of roles in the Health Care Sector. You will be responsible for delivering the appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviours ‘off the job’ in the workplace and at the college. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in Health & Social Care role, in teaching learners and with experience of successful use of ILT and digital learning so excellent IT skills are also key. In addition, you must have experience of recruiting new learners, engaging with employers and in supporting learners to achieve excellent results. Ideally the successful candidate will possess an assessor qualification (D32/3, A1, TAQA) and preferably IQA (D34/V1) qualification.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to pupils/ students.
- Mark work and give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
- Qualifications: Having a degree may also help you stand out from other applicants. It’s useful to have qualifications in areas such as business administration
- Experience: Some formal office experience is required for most jobs and previous experience in public sector administration can increase your chances of getting a job.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.