Consultant: Corey Ward
Salary: £100 - £180
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Year 1 Teacher to work as a Permanent member of staff within an established and popular Primary school in Berkshire.
You will be expected to deliver well-organised and engaging Year 1 lessons consistently across KS1. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students.
- Be fully responsible for a Year 1 class of up to 18 children;
- To have a clear understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 curriculum, observing DfEE requirements although the School will be opting out of EYFS;
- Carry out assessment in line with ISI and School policies;
- Liaise with relevant Heads of Departments and Class Teachers regarding cross-curricular subject matter;
- To ensure that lessons are well prepared, efficiently resourced and appropriate to the ability level of the pupils in question;
- To teach pupils of all abilities with commitment, enthusiasm and to a high standard of competence;
- To keep a full and appropriate written record of work covered;
- To liaise with colleagues on all matters of common concern regarding pupils and the curriculum
- Organise and lead Year 1 School Trips;
- Attend courses to keep self and staff informed of further developments;
- Attend all staff meetings and inset days as required;
- Order and maintain stocks of materials for teaching and display purposes;
- To ensure that the classroom is an attractive, organised and stimulating working environment with relevant and regularly changed displays;
- To attend meetings and other activities both within and out of school which provide opportunities both for the exchange of views and other areas of professional development;
- Attend assemblies/services as directed by the Headmaster;
- To ensure that all relevant notices and timetables are displayed in the classroom;
- To keep up to date with school policy documents;
- Attend parents’ evenings and staff meetings;
- Attend Inset Days, Speech Day, Open Mornings and all other School events relevant to the children in your care and/or otherwise directed by the HM;
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.