Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Adults Occupational Therapist – Fixed Term 12 month contract – Epsom, Surrey – £33,332
About the Team:
- A Social Care Locality Team are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their friendly team in Epsom.
- Joining them, you would be part of a multi skilled team which includes; social workers; occupational therapists; assistant social care practitioners and reablement personnel.
- The team provide support to vulnerable adults and their carers in a community based setting.
About the Role:
- The purpose of this role is to provide a professional Occupational Therapy service to adults in Surrey, their families and carers in line with national legislation, local policy and procedures.
- Part of the community based role would require you to carry out home visits within your locality area and on occasion travelling outside of the county. Some of these settings include clients homes, residential care and nursing homes.
- This role is an opportunity to develop a range of skills to enable you to undertake frontline holistic occupational therapy practice within a social care setting, build your professional experience in major adaptations, reablement skills gain programs, moving and handling assessments with the aim of supporting their clients to live independently in the community.
Requirements for the Role:
- Applicants must hold a professional occupational therapy qualification (degree or diploma)
- You will have maintain current registration with the HCPC and adhere to HCPC standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
- You will have a good understanding of the different models of disability and how they impact on professional practice and interventions.
- You will also have demonstrable knowledge of the impact of long term disability on an individual, their carer and family.
- Applicants will need to have the willingness and ability to travel across Surrey in accordance with the demands of the work and the job profile.
This is a fantastic 12 month long opportunity to join an established and reputable council, to grow your experience and hone your skills, whilst having a positive impact on people’s lives. If you meet the requirements for this role, and are ready to make a progressive move with your career, please apply today.