Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Adults Occupational Therapist – Permanent – Runnymede, Surrey – £33,332
About the Team:
- A Social Care Locality Team are looking for a Qualified Occupational Therapist to join their friendly team in Runnymede.
- Joining them, you would be part of a multi skilled team which includes; social workers; occupational therapists; assistant social care practitioners and reablement personnel.
- You will work closely with your team members, as well as with other organisations and agencies, to provide an integrated service in order to support vulnerable adults and their carers in a community based setting
About the Role:
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients who have differing needs. Clients may experience a learning disability, physical or sensory impairment, mental health or be an older person.
- This diverse role will facilitate your development and equip you with a range of skills to enable you to undertake frontline holistic occupational therapy practice within a social care setting.
- You will have the opportunity to put into practice the legislation underpinning, and build your professional experience of major adaptations, reablement skills gain programs, and moving and handling risk assessments and intervention, with the aim of supporting and empowering the clients to live meaningful lives within the community.
Requirements for the Role:
- Applicants must hold a professional occupational therapy qualification (degree or diploma)
- You will have maintain current registration with the HCPC and adhere to HCPC standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
- You will have a good understanding of the different models of disability and how they impact on professional practice and interventions.
- You will also have demonstrable knowledge of the impact of long term disability on an individual, their carer and family.
- Applicants will need to have the willingness and ability to travel across Surrey in accordance with the demands of the work and the job profile.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to join an established and reputable council, to grow your experience and hone your skills, whilst having a positive impact on people’s lives. If you meet the requirements for this role, and are ready to make a progressive move with your career, please apply today.