Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Adults Occupational Therapist – 1 Year Fixed Term – £32,839 Per Annum
About the Team:
- This Adult Social Care Locality team are looking for a Qualified Occupational Therapist to join their friendly, dynamic team.
- This multi skilled team includes; social workers, occupational therapists, assistant social care practitioners and reablement personnel.
- You will work closely with these professionals, as well as with other organisations and agencies to provide an integrated service in order to support vulnerable adults and their carers in a community based setting.
About the Role:
- This diverse role will facilitate your development and equip you with a range of skills to enable you to undertake frontline holistic occupational therapy practice within a social care setting.
- You will have the opportunity to put into practice the legislation underpinning, and build your professional experience of, major adaptations, reablement skills gain programs, and moving and handling risk assessments and intervention, with the aim of supporting and empowering our clients to live meaningful lives within the community.
- This role requires you to visit clients in their homes, as well as other settings such as residential care and nursing homes.
- In return for your skills and commitment, you are offered you a competitive starting salary. You will be offered a large variety of training courses. Through training and experience, you will be equipped with transferable skills to facilitate your continuing professional development and provide potential for on-going career development.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience of working within a social care or community focussed multi-disciplinary setting that provides care, support and advice to meet peoples social care needs.
- Ability to complete person centred and proportionate OT assessments including moving and handling risk assessments.
- An in depth knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual and be able to demonstrable knowledge of the impact of long term disability on the individual, carer and family.
- Continuing professional development. Applicants must have, and maintain current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and adhere to the HCPC standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
If you meet the requirements for this role, please apply and then our expert Healthcare recruiter will contact you to walk you through the personal statement and supply a full and detailed Job Description.