Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £19635 - £19635
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Occupational Therapist – Adults – Social Services – Sevenoaks, Tanbridge – Part-time 18 hours per week – Permanent – £19,635 Per Annum
About the Team:
Occupational Therapists in Surrey County Council Adult Social Care provide a professional service to adults, their families and carers, living in Surrey, in line with the Requirements of Care Act.
About the Role:
- The post-holder will work as an Occupational Therapist, embedded in the Locality team in Tanbridge.
- As a senior member of the team, you will have an influence on the future development of the service.
- You’ll bring the Council’s reablement ethos to life, leading holistic assessments of social care needs and planning support across a dedicated caseload.
- In all that you do, you’ll promote independence, choice and control. You will take every opportunity to support and develop those around you.
- Working closely with families and carers, you’ll play a vital role in supporting people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of needs.
Requirements for the Role:
- You will have a degree in Occupational Therapy.
- You will be registered with the Health and Care professionals Council.
- You will have access to a vehicle which will allow you to travel as required.
- You will have proven, excellent, supervisory skills and a proactive, person-centred approach to your work.
- A substantial contemporary post-registration track record, including routine experience of complex casework and risk assessment, is crucial.
- Knowledge of social care policy and legislation is essential, as is a background in working directly with people with variable, unstable or challenging social care needs.
- The ability to get the best out of others and work collaboratively with partner agencies is equally important, and you must have outstanding assessment skills.
If you are an Occupational Therapist with experience in a similar role and environment, seeking work on a part-time basis with a Council that will support your development, please apply today.