Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £34688 - £34688
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Qualified Occupational Therapist with Adults Social Care experience to fill an exclusive role in the Surrey area.
We are seeking a qualified professional to enable a holistic assessment of needs to be undertaken, including functional assessments and social care assessments to enable a fast and safe discharge from the hospital environment, to prevent hospital admission.
- Take professional responsibility as directed for managing a caseload which will include individuals, children, families and carers who require support and guidance. Enable them to identify their needs and plan support to meet those needs using the full range of options, seeking advice and support where appropriate.
- Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision making.
- You will need to be confident in undertaking safeguarding enquiries, carrying out assessments within a busy, fast-paced hospital setting and working with a diverse group of patients, their families and partner agencies.
- BSc or equivelant in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- You will have experience of working within Adult Social Care and with various client groups i.e. older adults, physical disability, learning disability.
- You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Continuing Health Care framework and its application to practice in a social care/hospital setting. You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
- Ability to routinely explain professional reasoning, judgements and decisions made and record these in a clear concise way.
- Ability to write assessment documents, letters, emails and reports in a way that is clear and easily understood by anyone reading them.
- Ability to co-operate and work well with others, support colleagues both within and outside of the team and contribute to the successful achievement of team goals, sharing information and learning whilst supporting others.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- Competent in the use of basic numeracy skills with the ability to understand and explain basic cost information.
- Ability and willingness to develop effective professional reflective supervision skills to support less experienced qualified staff.
- 36 hours per week
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle is required
Working with Seven Health & Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Health & Social Care is a leading provider of care professionals to The NHS, county councils, charities, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Psychology, Muscular Therapy, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Health & Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.