Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £30 - £33
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a tempory Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) to join a service within the Redcar area. This role will pay around £30 per hour.
Comprehensive care management and formal assessments of people with severe and enduring mental illness who may also have issues of co-morbidity related to the use of alcohol or drugs, other disabilities e.g. learning disability and for people within the Criminal Justice System. AMHP work requires significant skills in assessment and crisis resolution and management especially when service users may not be deemed to have competence in managing their own lives.
- Making application for detention in hospital and overseeing all of the processes that impact on that application e.g. ensuring legality of doctors recommendation, ensuring legality of process;
- Arranging conveyance to hospital and ensure that the children, animals and property of anyone admitted to hospital are protected
- Ensuring that responsibilities related to ongoing care arrangements are managed if a decision is made not to recommend detention.
- Identifying and consulting with Nearest Relative as described in the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007)
- Laying information before magistrates to allow police to search for and remove people to a place of safety
- Making application to the County Court for displacement of nearest relatives;
- To undertake appropriate levels of assessments of need in line with DOH Guidelines and with the departments agreed policies/procedures and guidance.
- To formulate and design plans to meet the assessed needs of adults, their families and or carers.
- To ensure that the needs of carers are assessed in accordance with the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007) Care Act 2014.
- To offer support to other team members in terms of managing their caseload and to ensure a broad range of skills are available.
- A recognised SW qualification e.g. DipSW/CQSW/CSS or equivalent health qualification.
- Appropriate Post Qualification Study/Award
- PQ Award in Mental Health or sufficient ASW experience to have been Approved prior to introduction of that award
- Relevevant HCPC registration
- Right to work in the UK
- Understanding of Department policies & procedures including equal opportunities policy and ability to comply with these.
- Evidence of experience of working with Adults with a learning disability or mental health problems or both
- Three years Post Qualifying experience including a minimum of one year at Level G.
- Understanding lines of accountability.
- Understanding of the concept of Performance Management at both an individual and organisational level.
- Full time, a ble to work beyond normal office hours e.g. 10am to 6pm
- Full driving license and access to a car at all times
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a AMHP who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .