Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £24 - £28
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Band 5/6 Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to fill an exclusive role in Southampton.
To perform physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse and complex conditions, to provide a physiotherapy diagnosis and to develop and deliver a patient focused treatment programme in a Inward and outpatient Elective Orthopsedic service,
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care
- To undertake an assessment of patients, using clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide a physiotherapy diagnosis of their condition.
- With appropriate support, to formulate prognosis and recommend best course of intervention, developing discharge plans.
- To formulate and deliver individual and group physiotherapy treatment programme based upon knowledge of the evidence of the treatment options available. This commonly involves manual physiotherapy techniques.
- To evaluate a patients’ progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required, developing reflective practice.
- To be responsible for planning and prioritising your own patient case load
- Encourage patients and their carers in an active approach to regaining and maintaining independence. This requires empathy, sensitivity and good interpersonal skills.
- BSc or equivelant in Physiotherapy
- At least 3 months Orthopaedic Physiotherapy experience
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience of clinical supervision of Physiotherapy team members and Students
- Awareness of current initiatives in the NHS
- Evidence/ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member
- Experience with electronic patient record systems and information technology
- Knowledge of relevant National Policies.
- Registered with the HCPC
- 37.5 hours or part time (28) with 1 or 2 weekends.
- Shift timing: 9-7.30 pm (shift work)
Working with Seven Health & Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Health & Social Care is a leading provider of care professionals to The NHS, county councils, charities, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Psychology, Muscular Therapy, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Health & Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.