Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £23000 - £28000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Physiotherapist – Up to £26,000 PA – Private Hospital – Newport
About the Hospital:
This private Healthcare Hospital provide treatment for individuals from the age of 30, who meet the following criteria:
- adults with a wide range of neurodegenerative and organic disorders, including complex dementia, Huntington’s and Korsakoff’s syndrome
- individuals with acquired brain injury, including stroke
- adults with degenerative neurological conditions and complex physical health needs
- individuals with degenerative conditions who are inappropriately placed in the Criminal Justice System
About the Role:
- To provide an effective physiotherapy service that is client centred and which incorporates physiotherapy into a client’s daily activities.
- Flexible working hours, 37.5 hours per week.
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment to clients.
- To act as a specialist resource on the physiotherapy management of individuals taking the lead with multi disciplinary team to provide advice on the physiotherapy care of the individual.
- Provide advice on a range of complex health needs of this client group to clients, parents, carers, health and social professionals, advocacy services etc.
- Take clinical direction within the framework of clinical governance.
- To work with the professional/ Clinical lead physiotherapist, to help lead, co-ordinate, deliver and evaluate the physiotherapy service.
- To provide clinical supervision and ac as a source of specialist advice for junior physiotherapists.
- To provide a written report for CPA’s formal reviews and attend M.D team meetings.
Requirements for the Role:
- HPC registration
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of CPD
- Driving Licence is desirable