Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £27000 - £33000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 6 Occupational Therapist – Private Unit – Permanent, Full-Time – Up to £30,000
About the Team:
- A small and homely private Unit in West London are looking for a Band 5 Occupational Therapist to join their welcoming, multidisciplinary team.
- This non-institutional environment offers a personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder and/or personality disorder, with a holistic approach to care.
About the Role:
- The post-holder will work as a member of the established Occupational Therapy team, managing a defined caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- They will provide leadership to junior staff, through supervision and appraisal and participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services, holding responsibility for defined projects.
- They will be provided with on-going opportunities to hone new skills and further their career, as well as providing them with an environment where teams are supportive and supported.
Requirements for the Role:
- The post-holder will be educated to degree or diploma level and will be a member of the Occupational Therapy Professional Body.
- The post-holder will also need excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
- They will ideally have experience in a mental health setting, including services for low Secure/Rehabilitation, but this is not essential.
- They will have documented evidence of continuing professional development.