Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £40000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in an independent hospital located in Dundee.
As a band 6 Occupational Therapist your role will be to provides assessment and treatment for up to ten people with learning disabilities with or without autistic spectrum disorder, as well as complex needs and behaviours.
- Work closely with the Occupational Therapy team and onsite MDT who will assist you in the day to day duties and running of the OT department
- Manage a defined caseload of clients using evidenced based practice / client based principles
- Complete assessments which inform the planning and facilitation of interventions appropriate to the client’s needs, choices and interests
- Receive support from the OT Clinical Lead to further develop your OT experience and skills
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience in the field of Mental Health is preferred
- Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / or equivalent
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
- The post is 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- £4000 car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Supervision by a highly specialist OT
- Opportunity to attend monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
- Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs
- CPD and research opportunities
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.