Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Clinical Assessment Paramedic
Seven Resourcing – Coventry, West Midlands
Seven Medical are seeking a Paramedic in the Coventry area.
Paramedic/Nurse Practitioner within Coventry Walk in Centre. We are looking for a dynamic progressive clinician who has ambition to be part of a service which is aligning to the future Urgent Treatment Centre model, inclusive of clinical assessment of presenting patients within 15minutes of arrival.
Applicants must be competent in the assessment of patients with undifferentiated needs and demonstrate a range of knowledge and skills to support their ability to assess, prioritise and participate in safe effective patient flow. A mix of primary and secondary care experience is desirable. If not already achieved the candidate should be willing to undertake the non-medical prescribing qualification.
The post holder will work with the service manager, and clinical lead to participate in clinical governance and the fulfilment of the service contract.
- Undertake assessment and management of patients in a timely manner, actively contributing to effective delivery of the service based on demand.
- Demonstrate a wealth of experience and ability to prioritise patients using an agreed process and reach decisions to enable prompt assessment of patients
- Prioritise cases and intervene appropriately in urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- To refer and liaise with other agencies as required and provide patients and carers with accurate information and advice on a range of health issues.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous records using relevant systems.
- Prior triage training or job role involvement would be advantageous
- Be able to demonstrate ability to manage paediatric patients safely
- Have skills and knowledge enabling safe service delivery with specific reference to safeguarding, medicines management and infection control.
- Paediatric Intermediate Life Support (PILS) and Intermediate Life Support (ILS)
- Safeguarding Level 3
- Experience of triage in an urgent care environment
- Minor illness, minor injury and health assessment qualifications
- Prescribing qualification
Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 /year