Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £40000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Clinical Psychologist – Durham
Opportunity to work within a well known organisation working as a Clinical Psychologist to provide psychological assessments of clients with learning disabilities.
- To support the clinical, nursing and direct care teams in making skilled evaluations and decisions about clinical options.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of highly specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups, adjusting and refining psychological formulations.
- Where agreed, to exercise clinical leadership for clients who problems are managed as a psychologically based care plan.
- To ensure that all members of the Clinical Team have access to a psychologically based framework for the understanding and care of clients of the service.
- To contribute to multidisciplinary risk assessment and risk management for relevant individual clients and to provide both general and specialist advice for psychological aspects of risk assessment and management
- To communicate information concerning the clinical plans of clients and to monitor and evaluate progress during the course of both uni-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary care.
- To provide expertise and advice to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological are by all members of the team.
- To provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.