Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £41808 - £41808
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is currently looking for a Clinical Psychologist specialising in neurological conditions to fill an exclusive role within the London area.
We are looking for someone to provide a high quality specialist clinical psychology service for people with brain injury or other complex neurological conditions. To work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the governance of psychological practice within service. To supervise and support the psychological assessment and intervention provided by other psychologists newly qualified and trainees and other clinical members of the team who provide psychologically based care and treatment.
- Provision of specialist clinical psychology assessment of individuals, carers and families referred to the service, using and interpreting complex psychological data from a variety of sources, e.g. neuropsychological and psychometric assessments, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews, offence analysis.
- Formulation and implementation of formal psychological treatment and/or management plans, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the service user’s problems. Responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions for patients and, where appropriate, carers and families. To make highly skilled evaluations and decisions about treatment options taking into account theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of people whose problems are managed by psychologically based standard care plans under the care of this post holder. To ensure appropriate assessment, formulation and interventions, communicating with the referral agent and others involved with the care on a regular basis.
- To provide specialist clinical psychology expertise, knowledge, advice, guidance and consultation to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological care by all members of the service clinical team.
- To undertake risk assessment and management for individual service users and to provide specialist clinical psychology advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management.
- BSc in Psychology
- Registered with the HCPC as a Clinical Psychologist
- 2 + years working in a similar role
- Experience working with patients with brain injuries and complex neurological conditions
- Confidence in neuropsychological and psychometric assessments
- Experience in providibg post-qualification practice supervision to recently qualified psychologists.
- Advice, consultation, training and supervision to other members of the Service clinical team regarding psychologically based assessment and intervention.
- Maintain and develop skills in the area of professional pre- and post-graduate training and supervision. Where appropriate, to provide advice, consultation and training to other staff and agencies working with the Service patient group.
- Full time
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.