Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £37921 - £39473
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Clinical Psychologist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Chester.
As a Clinical Psychologist, your aim is to reduce the distress and improve the psychological well-being of your clients. Using psychological methods and research, you’ll make positive changes to your clients’ lives and offer various forms of treatment.You’ll work in partnership with your clients in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition. They may have a variety of mental or physical health issues.
- To provide a clinical psychology service to patients, many of whom are present with complex neuropsychological, emotional and behavioural needs within a neurorehabilitation setting.
- To provide psychological assessment, therapy and rehabilitation across the ABI service
- To offer advice and consultation on patients’ psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other non-professional carers.
- To work within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the psychology development plan and hospital policies and procedures.
- To be active in the development and implementation of a developing staff training programme.
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the hospital.
- To provide specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client’s care.
- To engage in intensive and long-term therapeutic interventions with individuals, including those with disorders of consciousness.
- To undertake specialist interventions with complex patients in relation to their neurorehabilitation goals.
- To evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and dynamic factors, paying particular attention to the impact of ABI.
- To exercise professional responsibility, under supervision for the assessment and treatment of patients with complex psychological needs.
- To provide specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to clients’ formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and to provide advice to other professions on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management.
- To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, potentially sensitive and contentious information concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans of clients under their care and to monitor progress during the course of both uni- and multi-disciplinary care.
- To provide psychological interventions, as appropriate, for families of patients at the practice.
- Qualifications: Post graduate level training in clinical psychology. Eligible for chartered clinical psychology status.
- Experience: Clinical experience of working with clients with a range of complex needs.
- Direct clinical experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Knowledge and experience of working with disorders of consciousness.
- An interest in developing direct clinical experience of specialist psychometric assessment, formulation and treatment of clients.
- Experience and / or interest in working with patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
- Compliance: DBS.
- Travel: Valid full UK driving licence preferred.
- Hours: Part Time.
- A generous holiday allowance, up to 30 days Annual Leave plus 8 days bank holidays.
- Line Management and Supervision.
- Support with PDP (Personal Development Plan).
- Stakeholder pension.
- Health Services discount.
- Colleague nominated Employee of the Month Scheme with Duvet Day Reward.
- Long Service Rewards to the value of: a) ¬£100 for 3 Year Service b) ¬£225 for 5 Year Service.
- Free onsite parking at all sites.
- Corporate Induction Programme.
- Sponsorship Policy for Higher/Further Education.
- Annual Performance Appraisal.
- Healthcare plan – The plan offers valuable assistance towards the cost of treatments including: a) dental treatment up to £105 b) optical services up to £105 c) Consultation appointments up to £400 d) physiotherapy up to £ 250 e) osteopathy up to £250.
- Staff Counselling Services.
- Immediate death in service cover which amounts to three times the basic salary. This is paid to a nominated beneficiary.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Clinical Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Healthcare jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Healthcare’ on Google.