Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £40000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Clinical Psychologist to fill an exclusive opportunity in County Durham.
As a Clinical Psychologist, As a clinical psychologist, your aim is to reduce the distress and improve the psychological well-being of your clients. Using psychological methods and research, you’ll make positive changes to your clients’ lives and offer various forms of treatment.You’ll work in partnership with your clients in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition. They may have a variety of mental or physical health issues.
- To support the clinical, nursing and direct care teams in making skilled evaluations and decisions about clinical options.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of highly specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups, adjusting and refining psychological formulations.
- Where agreed, to exercise clinical leadership for clients who problems are managed as a psychologically based care plan.
- To ensure that all members of the Clinical Team have access to a psychologically based framework for the understanding and care of clients of the service.
- To contribute to multidisciplinary risk assessment and risk management for relevant individual clients and to provide both general and specialist advice for psychological aspects of risk assessment and management
- To communicate information concerning the clinical plans of clients and to monitor and evaluate progress during the course of both uni-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary care.
- To provide expertise and advice to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological are by all members of the team.
- To provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
- Qualifications: Post-graduate doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.
- Experience: Assessed experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist, normally within services for people with learning disabilities.
- Highly developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specifically difficult to treat groups (e.g. people with additional disabilities and severely challenging behaviours etc).
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implication for both clinical practice and professional management in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BPS.
- A commitment to the evaluation of services enthusiasm for both multi-professional and uni-professional audit and a wish to continue to develop.
- Compliance: DBS.
- Travel: Valid full UK driving licence preferred.
- Hours: Full Time.
- 33 days annual leave.
- Fully paid training.
- Paid DBS.
- Free parking.
- Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift.
- Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Opportunities to progress and develop.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Clinical Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Healthcare jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Healthcare’ on Google.