Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £100000 - £130000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Psychiatrist, Intellectual Disability
Nr Darlington, Durham
£100,000 – £130,000
We are currently recruiting for a client who specialises in providing care and support for adults living with a learning disability or autism in specialist hospitals and residential services throughout the UK. They currently have an exciting opening for a Consultant Psychiatrist to be based in an independent hospital near Darlington, this is a permanent role and can be either full-time or part-time.
About the role:
- Clinical work will mainly entail comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluations in collaboration with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team that include history taking, mental and physical evaluation, and biopsychosocial formulations. These assessments might take place either following initial referrals to the team or in the process of case review or care planning within the team.
- The post holder is expected to take a leading role in the provision of the clinical services, and will be expected to take a medical leadership role in the development of the service at the hospital and care home services.
- All consultants are required to participate in the agreed clinical governance agenda, which includes annual clinical audits. An established programme of continuous quality improvement including clinical audit exists within the company and the appointee will be expected to participate in this.
- An extensive list of duties can be provided on request.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Completed accredited training in learning disability psychiatry
- Registered as a Specialist in Psychiatry on GMC Specialist Register (or are eligible for such inclusion)
- Approved clinician status
- Approved under the section 12 (2) of the Mental Health Act or equivalent for health and social care provision
- Up to date knowledge in the field of learning disability psychiatry
- Wide clinical experience of inpatient learning disability psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Mileage allowance
- Annual Leave – 30 days (plus 8)
- Life assurance
- Private Medical insurance
- Pension scheme.