Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £100000 - £130000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Psychiatrist – Intellectual Disability – Neasham
Opportunity to work with a well known company as a Consultant Psychiatrist to support individuals with a learning disability, who are on the autistic spectrum or have mental or physical ill health.
Clinical work will mainly entail comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluations in collaboration with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team that include history taking, mental and physical evaluation, and biopsychosocial formulations. The post holder is expected to take a leading role in the provision of the clinical services, and will be expected to take a medical leadership role in the development of the service at the hospital and care home services.
Other duties include-
- Diagnostic and tre atment re views and mental and physical treatment administration
- Preparation of reports for and attendance at Mental Health Tribunal hearings as appropriate. A good knowledge of the Mental Health Act is required
- Physical care in liaison with our attending General Practitioner
- Review of patients in preparation for CPA reviews and chairing of CPA reviews
- Contribution of medical opinion by participating in the regular and exceptional MDT meetings
- Provision of advice and support on request to other members of the team in issues related to his/her competence and expertise
- Good record keeping and communication of results of assessments to colleagues and writing appropriate reports
- Keeping correspondence with colleagues such as the referrers and other agencies as required
- Taking an active role in administration and management of the team’s clinical work in collaboration with/under the supervision of the service manager.