Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £100000 - £130000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to fill an exclusive opportunity in County Durham.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for the provision of psychiatric services to adults with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.Clinical work will mainly entail comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluations in collaboration with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team that include history taking, mental and physical evaluation, and biopsychosocial formulations. These assessments might take place either following initial referrals to the team or in the process of case review or care planning within the team.
- Diagnostic and treatment reviews and mental and physical treatment administration.
- Preparation of reports for and attendance at Mental Health Tribunal hearings as appropriate. A good knowledge of the Mental Health Act is required.
- Physical care in liaison with our attending General Practitioner.
- Review of patients in preparation for CPA reviews and chairing of CPA reviews.
- Contribution of medical opinion by participating in the regular and exceptional MDT meetings.
- Provision of advice and support on request to other members of the team in issues related to his/her competence and expertise.
- Good record keeping and communication of results of assessments to colleagues and writing appropriate reports.
- Keeping correspondence with colleagues such as the referrers and other agencies as required.
- Taking an active role in administration and management of the team’s clinical work in collaboration with/under the supervision of the service manager.
- Qualifications: MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Completed accredited training in learning disability psychiatry.
- Registered as a Specialist in Psychiatry on GMC Specialist Register (or are eligible for such inclusion).
- Approved clinician status.
- Approved under the section 12 (2) of the Mental Health Act or equivalent.
- Experience: Wide clinical experience of inpatient learning disability psychiatry.
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working.
- Able to meet duties under Mental Health and capacity legislation.
- Compliance: DBS.
- Travel: Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Hours: Full Time – Would accept Part Time too.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous Mileage allowance.
- Annual Leave – 30 days (plus 8).
- Life assurance.
- Private Medical insurance.
- Pension scheme.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Consultant Psychiatrist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Healthcare jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Healthcare’ on Google.