Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £44606 - £50819
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Extended Scope Practitioner (ESP) to fill an exclusive rolewithin the Luton, Bedfordshire area.
To provide expert physiotherapeutic assessment, treatment, prognosis and advice to a complex and diverse range of patients within the musculoskeletal / orthopaedic specialty.
To manage the care of those patients that would have traditionally been referred into the consultant orthopaedic services with spinal and peripheral problems using advanced decision-making and clinical reasoning skills.
- To independently determine the clinical diagnosis and future clinical management of patients through clinical assessment, requesting and interpretation of results of specific medical investigations such as MRI, X rays and pathology tests etc.;
- Contribute to the education of the other healthcare professionals and GPs in the physiotherapeutic management of orthopaedic / musculoskeletal conditions.
- To contribute to multidisciplinary audit research and evaluation of the clinical effectiveness and evidence base for the management of orthopaedic/musculoskeletal conditions.
To provide highly skilled assessment, plan, initiate and evaluate appropriate individual patient care programs in written and verbal format.
To determine, without supervision, the future clinical pathway of patients referred into MSK clinics.
To undertake a highly specialised assessment of complex patients presenting with musculoskeletal / orthopaedic conditions using advanced management and treatment plans utilising a range of specialist treatments.
To interpret and analyse tests and investigations to form accurate diagnosis and prognosis for a wide range of conditions or seek guidance from clinical lead if unsure of interpretations.
Please do get in touch for a full job description.
- Educated to degree level within the field of physiotherapy medicine
- Relevant and up to date registration with the HCPC.
Right to work in the UK
- Working within Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Risk Management processes
Preparation and maintenance of audit systems
Management in a healthcare setting
Ability to demonstrate a highly skilled knowledge, understanding and ability to apply new research evidence and established theory into clinical practice.
An understanding of how beliefs, values, emotions, culture, social environments and other conditions affect models of intervention and patient participation.
Knowledge of health, healthcare and social service agencies related to specialties of physiotherapy and orthopaedics.
- Full time
- Full driving license and access to a car is essential
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Extended Scope Practitioner who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.