Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Highly Specialist Speech And Language Therapist to work in Merton. This positions is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £45.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The Speech & Language Therapy Service for adults with Learning Disabilities operates within the Merton Integrated health and Social Care Community Team – Merton Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities – whom provide services to adults over the age of 18 who are registered with a Merton GP.
The purpose of the Speech & Language Therapy Service for adults with Learning Disabilities is to provide a specialist local resource which promotes an inclusive communication environment; assesses, advises and trains individuals and their carers with communication, and/or eating and drinking difficulties whilst influencing at a strategic level.
The Community Team provides assessment, care management, specialist healthcare and facilitate access to mainstream health services. The team are committed to using a person-centred approach to promote a good quality of life for individuals with Learning Disabilities.
· To act as a highly specialist resource for SaLT issues within a Integrated health and Social Care team in a range of settings.
· To work with the Management Team planning, developing, implementing and evaluating high quality services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
· To manage a complex caseload of ALD in a range of environments to develop functional communication in pursuit of independence in ordinary life.
· To be aware of eating and drinking issues, and to have an awareness of making appropriate referrals to Specialist Dysphasia Team.
· To lead on input to training courses designed to improve communication strategies employed when working with people with challenging behaviour.
· Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
· Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
· Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
· Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
· Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.